Recently, a reader wrote us in response to our post on roller shades requesting ideas for top down bottom up shades. In truth, these are not our favorite style of window treatment, mainly because they are typically cellular shades and feature a cord running up the length of the center.
There are, however, real benefits to the top down bottom up shade that we cannot ignore. For one, the shades allow the blocking out of unsightly objects at the bottom of the window (like the neighbor’s house or yard, etc) while still being able to see the sky or any tall trees. They provide an ample and accurate privacy screen. And the shades are customizable throughout to day depending on morning or afternoon sun.
So we set out in search of some of the best and best-looking options for top down bottom up shades, and here is what we’ve come up with.
For more window treatments see our posts:
Top down bottom up shades allow you to lower your shade from the top or raise it from the bottom to find the perfect balance between light control and privacy.
Top down bottom up shades from Blindsgalore are available in a number of different styles including cellular / honeycomb blinds, pleated shades, roman shades, and woven wood shades and can be customized for any room in the home including the bathroom, bedroom, dining room, living room, and family room. These window treatments can even be used for specific window types such as French doors, large windows, sidelights, and hard to reach windows.
Top down bottom up shades are convenient, attractive, and versatile as they breathe new life into any space by augmenting design and decor. They can also be customized with a number of popular features including blackout or light filtering, motorized with remote control options, and can even be made smart home compatible.
Blindsgalore offers our own high quality brand of blinds and shades with top down bottom up lift options as well as products from amazing brands like Bali, The Boutique, and Levolor. They are available in a variety of sizes, colors, and patterns as well as a number of different materials including bamboo, cellular, fabric, matchsticks, and wood planks.
All the blinds and shades listed on this page can be made to include a top down, bottom up lift. Once you add the product you would like, choose Top Down / Bottom Up when customizing your lift option.
customer reviews for top down bottom up
"Completely satisfied "
By from Philadelphia
I'm a property manager, who buys blinds for entire houses and apartments. I find matching, well fitting, natural woven blinds beautify my units and help me rent them quickly for the best rent, I also think they are easier to keep clean. Blinds galore makes all of my blinds and they are perfectly made in a timely fashion at a reasonable price. They have never sent me an incomplete order, or an order with a blind that didnt fit exactly. I really appreciate this as it's so time consuming to have to constantly deal with customer service for wrong orders. Thanks blinds galore, your track record is A+ perfect!View this product
"Woven wood blinds"
By Kmonty from Colorado
I am very pleased with my woven wood shade! It is just beautiful!! Very good quality! I wish I needed to replace all my others! Will definitely purchase from this company again! Thank you for my beautiful shade!View this product
Cordless Top Down Bottom Up Woven Wood
Product Colors (Cordless Top Down Bottom Up Woven Wood)
**For a more accurate color comparison we highly recommend that you request free samples prior to placing your order.**
Product Options (Cordless Top Down Bottom Up Woven Wood)
Cordless Top Down Bottom Up Lift
Best for Kids™ - Clean, stream-lined and contemporary, the cordless top down bottom up lift has a unique dual cordless mechanism that eliminates pull cords for operating your woven wood bamboo shade. Position the shade as desired by simply push the bottom-rail or middle-rail of the shade upward to raise that section of the shade, or pull the bottom-rail or middle-rail downward to lower that section of the shade. Designed to make your shade safer for children and pets by eliminating the dangling cord hazards of traditional cord operated lifts.
Price:Free - no extra charge!
Hangs flat when lowered and folds neatly and evenly from the bottom up into roman folds when raised. Shade material hangs down from the back of the headrail.
The standard woven wood valance is an integrated 6" valance that is the same material as the shade. The valance is attached to the front of the headrail and hangs down, hiding the control mechanisms.
**Product and option images are for illustration purposes only and may not reflect the actual product.**
Product Description (Cordless Top Down Bottom Up Woven Wood)
Designed with child-safety and functionality in mind, these woven wood shades use a cordless top down bottom up lift system, eliminating the potential danger of dangling lift cords and adding the versatility of top down bottom up. This provides additional child-safety at a more affordable price when compared to woven wood shades with an optional cordless top down bottom up lift. To operate the shade, simply push the middle-rail or the bottom-rail of the shade upward or pull downward to position the shade as desired. The back of the shade has a double cording system, this construction is substantially different than traditional shades and it helps reduce the possibility of a child or pet becoming entangled in the cords.
Woven woods are a natural shade that is made with materials harvested from nature. Kiln drying minimizes warping of the bamboo and other natural materials which are then woven on hand fed looms for consistent quality. Each harvest of natural fibers is unique and will have variations in color, grain, texture, striations and warping. As a result of these inherent qualities, no two shades are identical, nor can they be. Over time exposure to light will soften and slightly darken the color of the shade. Small cracks in bamboo slats are natural and unavoidable. Due to the natural characteristics of the product there may be a 1/2" to 3/8" variance on length.
Bamboo blinds and shades provide a rich timeless look perfect for any room. The classic roman style shade construction is practical and reliable allowing the shades to lift evenly and stack into neat folds. An integrated 6" valance conceals the operating mechanism and provides a clean appearance.
Product Specifications (Cordless Top Down Bottom Up Woven Wood)
- Width (min to max): 20" to 72"
- Height (min to max): 30" to 72"
- Minimum Inside Mounting Depth: 2"
- Flush Inside Mounting Depth: 2 1/2"
- Minimum Outside Mounting Surface: 1"
- Factory Inside Mount Deduction (Width): 3/8"
- Headrail (Height and Depth): 3/4" x 2"
- Cordless top down bottom up lift is designed to make the shade safer for children and pets by eliminating the pull cords
- Due to child-safety regulations, the Top Down functionality is limited to lowering a maximum of 50% of the shade height
- For shade operation there is a double cording system on the back of the shade - helps reduce the possibility of a child or pet becoming entangled in the cords
- The natural materials used to create woven wood shades may have uneven spacing between sections of the woven wood material. It is not designed to provide privacy - this is common on woven wood shades and is part of their natural beauty
- Classic roman style fold and a standard integrated 6" valance
- Made with materials harvested from nature. Each harvest of natural fibers is unique and will have variations in color, grain, texture, striations and warping. As a result of these inherent qualities, no two shades are identical, nor can they be.
- Over time exposure to light can soften and slightly darken the color of the shade
- Kiln drying minimizes warping of the natural material
- Small cracks in bamboo slats are natural and unavoidable
- Woven on hand-fed looms for consistent quality
- Approximate shade stacking height is 11"
- Post-style brackets can be mounted to top or rear - side mount is not available - no other bracket types are offered for this product
- This shade is unlined. No liners are available. This product is not intended to provide privacy. The shade material is see-through.
- Due to the natural characteristics of the product there may be a 3/8" to 1/2" variance on length - shade length may relax over time
- All factory measurements and deductions can have a ±1/8" variance
- Mounting hardware included (wall anchors and/or specialty screws may be required based on your mounting surface - not included)
- Free Ground Shipping (on all sizes)
Shipping & Production Information (Cordless Top Down Bottom Up Woven Wood)
- Free Ground Shipping on all Cordless Top Down Bottom Up Woven Wood orders within the contiguous United States.
- Our Cordless Top Down Bottom Up Woven Wood are custom made to your specifications and have a typical production time of 6 to 10 business days. Production time starts the business day after your order is placed. Production times are estimates and can vary.
- Shipping time once out of production is 1 to 5 business days depending on the location of the ship-to address.
- We currently only ship to contiguous United States. We cannot ship to P.O. Boxes or Military Bases.
Measuring & Installation (Cordless Top Down Bottom Up Woven Wood)
Our natural Roman-style Bamboo Shades are carefully constructed from beautiful wood, rattan, jute, grass and reeds. Also called bamboo blinds, woven wood shades, bamboo roman shades or matchstick blinds, these window shades bring the beauty of nature indoors and are full of rich textures, beautiful colors and natural style. In addition, our bamboo blinds are environmentally sound and, when paired with a liner, provide insulation against summer's heat and winter's cold. These two factors alone combine to make bamboo window treatments a beautiful and practical choice.
Traditionally, the ancient art of weaving bamboo created these intricate bamboo window blinds. After the canes of the bamboo were shaped and dried, the reeds were then braided with rope. Today, bamboo blinds are still crafted with the delicacy of this age-old method and are coupled with modern technology.
We offer the largest selection of Roman-style discount bamboo shades in the industry and carry a variety of patterns and options to meet every configuration. We offer bamboo materials in roman style, roller style, sliding panels, and folding doors. You may also add a privacy or blackout liner to create more privacy and light control. You can expect to enjoy your bamboo shades shortly after your purchase thanks to speedy manufacturing and easy installation.
Down bamboo blinds top
.Top Down Bottom Up Bamboo Shades Demo
You will also be interested:
- Human rig maya
- First half synonym
- Albertsons christmas hours
- Clip art flowers
- 1940s coupe cars
- Trippy eye tricks
- Facial hair wigs
- Silverado lowering
- 7 gallon galvanized tub
- Murano forum
- New dreamcast games 2014
- Stereo replacement speakers
- Wire rack display stand